Emigrant six dollar bonus certificates Help
Ontario Government Record Series RG 11-24
Emigrant six dollar bonus certificates
About these records
- Emigrant six dollar bonus certificates
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description
10 leaves of textual records
- Scope and Content
Series consists of certificates issued by Sydney Robjohns, Ontario's emigration agent in London, to steam ship operators. These certificates guaranteed a part of the payment for passage of emigrants to Ontario. The steam ship operator would then submit the certificate to the Department of Immigration for reimbursement. Only ten of the certificates are extant.
The bonus certificates can record the following information: name of emigrant, passage ticket number, port of embarkation, name of ship and date of sailing.
- Restrictions on Access
Original records are closed for conservation reasons. Researchers must use self service microfilm, MS 847.
- Terms For Use and Reproduction
- Copyright is primarily held by the Crown. There are no restrictions on reproduction. Permission of the Archives of Ontario is required for publication; submit a Request for Permission to Publish, Exhibit or Broadcast Form.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
- These records were transferred to the Archives of Ontario some time prior to 1961. No information is available relating to the custody of the records or the means by which they were transferred to the Archives of Ontario.
- Availability of Other Formats
Series is available on self service microfilm.
Please note that microfilmed records are identified by their former reference codes.
- Former Codes
RG 11 Series K.
- Finding Aid
There is no finding aid for this series.
Agency or agencies that created these records
These records were created by the following Ontario government agency or agencies. Click on the agency reference code for information about this agency and other records it created.
Department of Immigration
How to order these records
- From our Reading Rooms
Retrieve self service microfilm MS 847, reel 27.
Scroll up to "Finding Aid" for more information about any available finding aids or listings.
- By Microfilm Interloan
This microfilm is available through the Archives of Ontario interloan program.