Fonds F 378
30.6 metres of textual records
ca. 100 photographs
The Hiram Walker Historical Museum collection consists of records deposited with or collected by the Hiram Walker Historical Museum, Windsor. The collection consists of records pertaining to the history of the Windsor area, 1749-1971. The collection includes correspondence, land papers, financial records, legal instruments, and certificates from various pioneer families, businesses, churches, associations and societies. The collection also contains materials compiled by George Fortune Macdonald and Neil F. Morrison, local historians and collectors.
Collection also contains ca. 100 photographs collected by Neil Morrison. Geographical areas documented are various settlements and towns in Lambton and Essex Counties such as Blytheswood, Mooretown, Corunna, and Windsor. Subjects include: street scenes, mills, churches, hospitals, businesses, and local pioneers.
The Hiram Walker Historical Museum, Windsor, has a microfilm copy of this collection.
The Hiram Walker Historical Museum was opened in 1953 in the restored Francois Baby House, Windsor, Ontario. The Museum was under the administrative control of the Windsor Public Library Board. Its purposes were to house the George Fortune Macdonald collection, to nurture interest in local history, and to collect additional material relating to local history.
Court records for the Western District and Essex County were separated from this collection and transferred to RG-22, Court Records during the 1980's. Vital statistic records were separated from this collection and transferred to RG-80, Registrar General, in 1993.
The current arrangement of the private manuscripts and its reference numbers were assigned by the Hiram Walker Historical Museum.
Accession Number: 10309
Consult the inventory F 378 for information on how to view these records.
Scroll up to "Finding Aid" for more information about any available finding aids or listings.