Fonds F 378

Hiram Walker Historical Museum collection


About these records

Title
Hiram Walker Historical Museum collection
Dates of Creation
1749-1971
Physical Description

30.6 metres of textual records

ca. 100 photographs

Scope and Content

The Hiram Walker Historical Museum collection consists of records deposited with or collected by the Hiram Walker Historical Museum, Windsor. The collection consists of records pertaining to the history of the Windsor area, 1749-1971. The collection includes correspondence, land papers, financial records, legal instruments, and certificates from various pioneer families, businesses, churches, associations and societies. The collection also contains materials compiled by George Fortune Macdonald and Neil F. Morrison, local historians and collectors.

Collection also contains ca. 100 photographs collected by Neil Morrison. Geographical areas documented are various settlements and towns in Lambton and Essex Counties such as Blytheswood, Mooretown, Corunna, and Windsor. Subjects include: street scenes, mills, churches, hospitals, businesses, and local pioneers.

Restrictions on Access
Researchers must use the microfilm version of these records. No other restrictions apply.
Terms For Use and Reproduction
Copyright held by creator. These materials cannot be published without permission of the copyright holder.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection was acquired by the Archives of Ontario in 1974 from the Hiram Walker Historical Museum.
Associated Material

The Hiram Walker Historical Museum, Windsor, has a microfilm copy of this collection.

Availability of Other Formats

Textual records in this collection are also available on microfilm.
Notes

The Hiram Walker Historical Museum was opened in 1953 in the restored Francois Baby House, Windsor, Ontario. The Museum was under the administrative control of the Windsor Public Library Board. Its purposes were to house the George Fortune Macdonald collection, to nurture interest in local history, and to collect additional material relating to local history.

Court records for the Western District and Essex County were separated from this collection and transferred to RG-22, Court Records during the 1980's. Vital statistic records were separated from this collection and transferred to RG-80, Registrar General, in 1993.

The current arrangement of the private manuscripts and its reference numbers were assigned by the Hiram Walker Historical Museum.

Former Codes

Accession Number: 10309

Finding Aid
A detailed inventory (F 378) is available for this collection.

How to order these records

From our Reading Rooms

Consult the inventory F 378 for information on how to view these records.

Scroll up to "Finding Aid" for more information about any available finding aids or listings.

By Microfilm Interloan
This material is not available through Interloan.