Fonds F 1638

Eastern District fonds


About these records

Title
Eastern District fonds
Dates of Creation
1814-1850
Physical Description

1 metre of textual records

Scope and Content

This fonds consists of official records of the Eastern District, as follows: Road Petitions and Reports, School Papers, Miscellaneous Petitions and Papers, and Reports of the Committee on Roads and Bridges, 1814-1850.

Administrative History or Biographical Sketch

The Lunenburgh District was established by a Proclamation dated July 24, 1788 and was renamed the Eastern District under Upper Canada Statutes 1792, Chapter 8.

Click on the link(s) below for more information.

Eastern District (Upper Canada : District)

Eastern District (Upper Canada : District)

Restrictions on Access
All records are closed for conservation reasons; use self service microfilm, MS 40.
Terms For Use and Reproduction
Copyright held by creator. There are no restrictions on reproduction. If you wish to publish any of this material, please contact a Reference Archivist through the reference desk.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These records were transferred to the Archives of Ontario by the United Counties of Dundas, Stormont and Glengarry ca. 1978.
Related Material

See Series RG 22-48 for related road report book, 1815-1849.

Availability of Other Formats

Records are available on microfilm.
Finding Aid
No finding aid is available for this fonds.

How to order these records

From our Reading Rooms

Retrieve self service microfilm, MS 40.

Scroll up to "Finding Aid" for more information about any available finding aids or listings.

By Microfilm Interloan
MS 40 is available through the Interloan Service of the Archives of Ontario.

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/en/microfilm/municipal_records_microfilm_t.aspx#eastern