Ontario Government Record Series RG 22-400
Simcoe County Surrogate Court registers
About these records
- Simcoe County Surrogate Court registers
- Dates of Creation
- [Microfilmed 196-?, 198-?] (originally created 1843-1931)
- Physical Description
18 reels of microfilm (textual records)
- Scope and Content
Series consists of registers that contain copies of all grants of probate, administration and guardianship issued by the Surrogate Court for the Simcoe District [1843-1849) and Simcoe County (1850-).
- Administrative History or Biographical Sketch
Click on the link(s) below for more information.
Ontario. Surrogate Courts
- Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
- Terms For Use and Reproduction
- Copyright status unknown. There are no restrictions on reproduction; however permission of the Archives of Ontario is required for publication; submit a Request for Permission to Publish, Exhibit or Broadcast Form.
- Availability of Other Formats
Registers for 1848 to 1858 and 1873 to 1921 are also available in the original.
- Finding Aid
Registers A-L (1843-1903) are listed in the User's Guide to Surrogate Court microfilm reels.
Agency or agencies that created these records
These records were created by the following Ontario government agency or agencies. Click on the agency reference code for information about this agency and other records it created.
How to order these records
- From our Reading Rooms
To view registers A-L (1843-1903), first consult the User's Guide to Surrogate Court microfilm reels. To view later material, please contact a Reference Archivist for information about ordering these records.
Scroll up to "Finding Aid" for more information about any available finding aids or listings.
- By Microfilm Interloan
Some of this material is available through the Archives of Ontario's Microfilm Interloan Service, which allows you to borrow microfilmed archival records through a library or other institution that participates in the interlibrary loan system.