Ontario Government Record Series RG 22-407
Dufferin County Surrogate Court registers
About these records
- Dufferin County Surrogate Court registers
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description
5 reels of microfilm
- Scope and Content
Series consists of volumes containing copies of all grants of probate and administration issued by the Dufferin County Surrogate Court. Until 1894, they also include grants of guardianship.
- Administrative History or Biographical Sketch
Click on the link(s) below for more information.
Ontario. Surrogate Courts
- Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
- Terms For Use and Reproduction
- Copyright is primarily held by the Crown. There are no restrictions on reproduction. Permission of the Archives of Ontario is required for publication; submit a Request for Permission to Publish, Exhibit or Broadcast Form.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Records were transferred to the Archives of Ontario from the Orangeville Courthouse.
- Related Material
See Series RG 22-362 for corresponding estate files.
See Series RG 22-349 for a post-1893 guardianship register.
- Finding Aid
There is a reel listing for registers A-B (1881-1906) in the User's Guide to Surrogate Court microfilm reels.
Agency or agencies that created these records
These records were created by the following Ontario government agency or agencies. Click on the agency reference code for information about this agency and other records it created.
How to order these records
- From our Reading Rooms
For registers A-B (1881-1906), retrieve self-service microfilm GS 2, Reels 26 and 27. For registers C-G (1906-1931), contact a Reference Archivist for information about obtaining these records.
Scroll up to "Finding Aid" for more information about any available finding aids or listings.
- By Microfilm Interloan
This material is available through the Archives of Ontario's Microfilm Interloan Service, which allows you to borrow microfilmed archival records through a library or other institution that participates in the interlibrary loan system.