Series C 11-961
243 architectural drawings
1 photograph : black and white print
C 11 J.C.B. and E.C. Horwood collection
Series consists of plans, elevations, sections and details for the construction of a new building at the corner of Queen Street West and John Street.
The plans include an abandoned 1913-1914 proposal for a two-storey L-shaped structure with a six-floor tower.
After the formation of the United Church, the building became known as the United Church Book and Publishing House. It was later the home of several media organizations.
Included also is a photograph of the exterior perspective.
Burke, Horwood and White was a Toronto, Ontario based architectural firm which existed from 1908 to 1918 and designed a variety of buildings across Canada.
Click on the link(s) below for more information.Burke, Horwood and White (firm)
For related material, see series C 11-945, C 11-986, C 11-1281 and C 11-1342. For material relating to other buildings earlier occupied by the Methodist Book Room and Publishing House, see C 11-1143 and C 11-938 for Temperance Street; and C 11-1053 and C 11-922 for Richmond Street.
Project numbers: 1148, 1149, 1153, 1154, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1182, 1183.
Material is stored onsite. Consult the online list to identify the records that you require, and order by reference code and container barcode number.
Scroll up to "Finding Aid" for more information about any available finding aids or listings.