Corporate Name Authority
The St. Andrew's Society of Thorah and Adjacent Townships was a benevolent society founded in Thorah Township, Ontario, in 1868 and dissolved in 1880.
The purpose of the Society was to: provide relief to Scottish immigrants, provide assistance to widows and orphans of Society members, and to contribute towards the expenses of the sickness or funerals of Society members' families. The Society raised funds through membership fees, and by sponsoring various excursions for which individuals purchased tickets.
Archives of Ontario, fonds 1168